You might be wondering why I chose this image. First, it is a thrilling tribute for the 30 year anniversary of Vogue Gioiello (Vogue Jewelry), which is a stand-alone Italian Vogue publication. Second, it represents what I hope for the year (that’s one year, not 30!) ahead. 2011 was a tricky year for me. I lacked direction (it happens) and in many cases, energy (unforgivable). Thus, I’ve set the bar high for 2012.
I’ve got quite an ambitious list of adventures and goals for myself:
* Move back to the US from Paris
* Choose (with my boyfriend) a city to live in
* Outline a career path for myself – and act on it!
* Write more: publish at least 5 blog posts every week
* Buy a high-quality camera, and learn how to use it properly
* Choose an organization that’s important to me and start volunteering
* Plan a fabulous birthday party for my boyfriend
* Be more financially responsible (i.e. balance my checkbook every month, stick to budgets…)
* Give yoga another try. In that same vein, meditate at least 3 times every week.
* Loose my flabby stomach
* Embrace uncertainty as an adventure and don’t waste valuable time and energy stressing out about things
I know, so banal to make (much less publish) a list of resolutions on January 1st. Oh well.
Here’s to the best year yet!